Take Root Day #2

 1 Peter 1: 6-10
6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which perishes though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and [d]full of glory, 9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,

Salvation is the “this” that they are talking about rejoicing greatly in….do I do that?

Peter makes a cursory nod toward the trials of this world but says we greatly rejoice in the salvation that comes through faith - and that is the most precious thing we possess. 

I am afraid at times I may get that backwards…

I get up in the morning and make a cursory nod toward my Savior and King and spend the rest of the day worrying about temporary problems.

The opening of this letter states that it is addressed “to those who reside as strangers…” Maybe I am making this world too much my home and need to focus on my true home and mission. 

My life is intended to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; …and I should make careful searches and inquiries…about things that matter, not mindlessly pursue temporary trinkets that have not eternal value.

Popular posts from this blog

Take Root Day #1

Take Root Day #6

Take Root Day #7