Take Root Day #5

 Day 5
1 Peter 2: 1-3

Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, 2 and like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, 3 if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.

Peter gives us a pretty tall order to start this chapter.  He says take out the trash of malice, deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander. I looked them up and here are the definitions:

- Malice is the intention or desire to do evil.

- Deceit is lying…whether it is by what I say or what I don’t say or just the way I act…if I am misrepresenting the truth, I am practicing deceit.
 
- Hypocrisy is defined as the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform.
 
- Envy  is a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

- Slander is making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation. 
Wow – That is a lot of work for an early morning. 
 
Hypocrisy immediately jumps out at me but as I think about it - all the others are present as well – My hypocrisy hides some of it even from myself. 

The bottom line is selfishness…all of these have me right in the middle of them – sitting on the Throne. I need to vomit all these spiritual toxins out of my system and long for the pure milk of the Word. 
 
Only God’s pure nourishment can wash and nourish my soul and allow me to live a life centered around Loving God and serving others. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Root Day #1

Take Root Day #6

Take Root Day #7