Take Root #11

 Day 11

1 Peter3:5-7

5 For in this way the holy women of former times, who hoped in God, also used to adorn themselves, being subject to their own husbands, 6 just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord; and you have proved to be her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

Interesting passage that clearly states our relationship with God is impacted by how we treat others…I would expect to read that my relationship with others can be impacted by my relationship to God - but not necessarily the other way around. 

It makes my relationship with others more important when it is tied to how I relate to my Heavenly Father. 

Peter says women showed their hope in God by honoring their husband…and men’s communication with God could be hindered based on how they treated their wives. That increases the importance of my efforts toward my marriage.

Much like someone could fracture a relationship with me by mistreating my children…. My relationship with Him can be hindered by how I treat His children. 

Very fundamental simple verse that carries a lot of weight. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Root Day #1

Take Root Day #6

Take Root Day #7