Take Root Day #7

 

Day 7
1 Peter 2:9-12
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

11 Beloved, I urge you as foreigners and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts, which wage war against the soul. 12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God on the day of visitation.

Chosen, royal, holy…does that describe the way I live?

Peter says that is what I am.  I am someone who once lived in darkness but have been called out into the light. Simply based on mercy…. nothing I did to deserve it. 

Jonathan Edwards said “You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary” …and that is me.

This change in my eternal position makes me a foreigner in this world.  And my new allegiance and this world are not allies…This world - and my Heavenly allegiances do not mix well.

If I blend in – I am doing it wrong…. I need to stand out…I may be the only bible some people ever read - and I need to make sure it is accurate.  If people disagree with me, it should be because they are offended by God’s holy standards not my selfishness.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Root Day #1

Take Root Day #6