Take Root #22

 Day 22

1 Peter 5:8-11
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. So resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brothers and sisters who are in the world. 10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you11 To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

I always think of a herd of animals when I read this verse.  The wolfs and lions are always looking for a weak animal that has wandered away by itself from the heard. I need to know that if I am in community and deep in God’s word it is much harder for the enemy to attack me. It must be something I do on purpose.

Secondly the passage implies that self-pity is not resisting the enemy. It instructs me to know that if I am suffering, I am not alone. And that it is not a permanent condition. God has this. He will come through and it will all be to His glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Root Day #1

Take Root Day #6

Take Root Day #7