Take Root #35

 Day 35

2 Peter 3:1-3

 “Beloved, this is now the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of a reminder, 2 to remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles.3 Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts,”

Do I treat people God puts in my path for ministry in such a way that I can open a letter to them with “Beloved”?  Do I conduct myself in a way that would make that greeting feel normal?  

We know Peter was an “A type” man’s man.  He argued with Jesus, cut off ears, walked on water…. yet starts his second letter with a gentle, encouraging greeting. 

As in our lives, age tends to mellow you…you learn a lot of things that help you determine what is important and what is not…but I am not sure I love like Peter does. 

He then proceeds to coach them…stir them up, prepare them for conflict, warn of the enemy’s plan. This is a great template for my own ministry. Do I love well? Do I stir up those God gives me?  Do I have enough wisdom to see what is coming?  

I need to see this as a warning and a model…Don’t allow my lust to lead me away – Know, remember, and handle well the Word, and don’t allow my selfishness to make me ignore or mislead those I have been given to lead. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Root Day #1

Take Root Day #6

Take Root Day #7